Monday, February 21, 2011

Red, Black & White

How dynamic do the colours Red, Black and White look together! I have wanted to do this colour combo ever since I got the Punch Bunch set with the For You stamp but just hadn't made time to create something. This weeks sketch at The Paper Players inspired me to sit down and do something in these colours.


The simple block layering of Real Red and Basic Black onto a Whisper White background has a very Dynamic effect with the help of this great sketch by Lesley from the Players crew. This is my very first entry into a Paper Players Challenge even though I have been checking out the creative art on this site for a while now, I get very inspired by the DT team!!

Here is my interpretation of the sketch, this card is on the way to an Artist Trading friend in Queensland. I hope she likes it.


TIP: Finish the border effect by ruling lines with your Stampin' Write marker. This helps tie the plain white area in with the rest of the design.
   
Supplies List  
Cardstock:      Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black, Real Red DSP

Inks:   Black Stazon, Real Red

Stampin' Write Markers: Real Red, Basic Black

Stamp set:  SAB Punch Bunch, Teeny Tiny Sentiments

Other: Square Lattice Texture folder, Label Punch, White Silk Ribbon, Dimensional.

Cheers Dani xoxox
                                     

8 comments:

Naomi said...

wow! wow! wow! this is great Dan, love everything about it. Good Job!!!
Na xx

Anonymous said...

I love your color choice and combination of pattern & texture! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

jaydee said...

Dani, thank you for such nice words!!!! We are thrilled that you are playing along with us. Now... LOVE... LOVE... LOVE your card. the white bow on the white panel is so unexpected and works beautifully. it seems to frame the flower image and I love it! Like black, white and red is a great color combo. I know your friend will love it!
So glad you decided to join us at the Paper Players this week.
jaydee

Kerin said...

I'm so glad you joined us at The Paper Players this week! I love the colors, and the combo of textures & patterns is fabulous! Artist trading friend??? I've never heard of such a thing, is it like have a pen pal when we were little but you get to send stamped items?

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card with a beautiful bow, Dani! I love your choice of colors, and the texture is just perfect! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players! I'm glad you decided to join us!

Nance Leedy said...

How exciting that our sketch inspired you to play along! And what a beautifully elegant card you've created. Love the color combination and the embossed panel but I love, love, love the hand-drawn line--genius! So glad you joined us this week! Hope to see you again!

Lesley said...

Hi Danielle! I am so happy you liked my sketch! You have created a beautiful card here and the colour combo is one of my favs! Please come back and play with us again! I am so happy you joined us!!
Smiles,
Lesley

None None said...

Beautiful card - I love the frame you drew in. Thanks for sharing that tip!!