Monday, February 28, 2011

A card for Bailie

He has arrived! My very close friend, Lisa, finally became a Grandmother (Nonna) at 3.15 am on Sunday morning when her daughter Stacy gave birth to "Bailie James" at a healthy weight of 7 pounds 15oz. Both are doing well, although Mum had to spend the night without her new bub as he has quite low blood sugar levels and they just need to keep an eye on him. Anyway, as soon as I got the message I set to work on a card for Bailie.
I have had the Baby Bundle stamp set waiting for just this occasion, admittedly I haven't hardly used it before doing this card!! With all the delightful bits and pieces I just had to create a chest of draws to display them in/on.
As you can see there are lots of little elements going on with this card. The feet of the draws I created by using the Word Window Punch I then just layered draw fronts and a top to give it depth and a real 3D effect.
The top draw is popped on double mini glue dots whilst the bottom draw is mounted with dimensionals as I wanted this draw to be a little more 'open'. I stamped all of the bits and pieces on whisper white cardstock and then coloured and cut them out.
To give it as much 3D as I could I folded the little bib over the top of the draws and stuck teddy inside the bottom draw. The blanket is made by simply running a piece of the Pear Pizzazz hostess DSP through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice embossing folder. I really played with this to soften it up and give it a soft material feel! A few antique brass brads from the metallic set worked perfectly for knobs.
The pram was stamped directly onto the card front and then again onto whisper white with the carriage being coloured and cut out. Again to give 3D I popped that with dimensionals and added a silver brad to the hood pivot and also the center of the spokes. The picture frame on the wall was created by printing Bailie's name on the computer on normal white paper which I then mounted onto Crumb Cake. I added two hearts which I punched from the Two Step Owl punch, stuck and covered with window sheet.
Then I added the frame, cutting mitre joins to give it realism. Of course all of the Crumb Cake, including the draws, was given the sponge treatment. I really love how this card came up. I am defiantly going to make one for my Demo display board. Would make a great class.  hmmmm!! Leave me a comment and tell me what you think.

Supplies List:

Stamp Set:  Baby Bundle

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Marina Mist

Inks & Markers:  Black Stazon, Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz,  Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede

Others:  Metallic Brads, Square Lattice embossing folder, Window Sheet, Word Window punch, Two Step Owl punch, Corner Punch, Dimensionals, Mini Glue dots

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! This is one of the most adorable cards I have ever seen!

Christine Blain said...

Absolutely beautiful, Dani. I love all the little details, and the way you've personalised it. Just gorgeous!