Tuesday, January 18, 2011

You Gotta Love Monochromatic

Hi as I said earlier, I love working in monochrome and it just wouldn't be right if I didn't enter a card into the Just Add Ink #51 challenge using my favourite colour combo of crumb cake and any other brown. In this case that other brown is soft suede.


I decided to do a bit of a love theme with Valentine's Day coming up and all! To make the ribbon that the hearts are sitting on I have used the felting technique, you can see a tutorial video over on Mary Fish's Stampin' Pretty site here and just coloured it with soft suede ink and a sponge. Other elements I added are the NEW Square Lattice texture plate that you will find on pg 17 of the Stampin' Up! summer mini and hearts punched out using the Full Heart (119883) punch from Stampin' Up! Another simple card to add to my SU sample board.

Supplies List:
Stamp Sets;    Heard from the Heart (120066) and Punch potpourri (Hostess)
Cardstock:     Crumb Cake
Inks:               Soft Suede
Other:             Square Lattice Texture folder (11976), Full Heart Punch (119883), Two step Owl Punch (small hearts)118074

3 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

I really like this, your card is soft and subtle - very pretty!

Karen said...

Very nice. Love that square lattice embossing

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I'm a bit of a fan of Crumb Cake with Brown!! This card is gorgeous.