Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Monochrome at JAI


Hi friends,

Challenge 51 over at Just Add Ink this week is Monochrome. Thanks girls, I love working in monochromatic colours. The colours for this card were inspired by a new hat my daughter brought last week. I stuck to a very simple clean layout, making the flower the star of the show.

 I have also been playing around with insetting the matting in a bit more, I tend to always set the matt 4mm in from the base card edge. I like how it has helped fill the card without adding other STUFF!


Supplies List

Stamp Sets: Scribble This 116406 (large flower), Punch Potpourri Hostess (small flower centre), Cottage Garden 119163 (sentiment).

Ink:  Rose red, Pretty in pink

Cardstock:  Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink DSP

Others: 1" Circle Punch 119868, Boho Blossom Punch 119858

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your card Dani. I must say I love how you set your 1st mat in quite a bit(so it's like a picture frame) something I hadn't even thought of!LOL TFS Cheers Donna Zammit

KimB said...

Lovely card Dani, the flower you put together looks really striking.
Kim

Bronwyn Eastley said...

The flower is stunning. Great card.

Danielle Daws said...

Love that flower! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!