Friday, November 12, 2010

Tash's 21st


Hello,  my niece Natasha is turning twenty one this weekend and I wanted to create a memorable card for her. I did one of the bi fold cards using papers that I have had in my stash for a while. I have really loved this peacock paper but never had the right thing to use it on, however the contrast between the three designs work really well with this layout. I also had an accent sheet to go with it which is were the note card inside and the flower on the back came from.


I have made some smoochy flowers to put on the front along with the Sizzlits Little Leaves from Stampin' Up. All the ink work that I have done is in Crumb Cake again from Stampin' Up. I absolutely adore this colour, I use it all the time to add accent and depth to my stamping. You can't really tell but I have also used my Mat Pack and paper piercer to pierce a row of holes along the top edge of the card and also a double row through the scallop piece along the bottom.
 Her gift is jewellery from Goldsmiths and they use these cute little round boxes, however they are bright purple with white circles on them. I decided to also cover these in the matching paper so they co-ordinate nicely with the card. This is the end result which I am very pleased with. I hope Tash likes the card and keeps it for a bit of a keep sake. That is the risk we card makers take I guess. I could never part with a card that has be personally hand made for me but not everyone is like that!! It's worth the risk just to enjoy the pleasure on peoples face when they open it and realise that is has been made by me just for them. Have a good day everyone, off to Stampin' Up regionals this weekend.....yahoo, can't wait to see what they have to teach us and get all those goodies!

No comments: