Monday, November 08, 2010

Dauber Landscaping


Hello, today I am going to share with you a landscape card that I have created. I have seen this style of card done many times on the SU demonstrators sight and just had to have a go at it myself. It is not technically a CASE as i have certainly added my own touches to it that I haven't seen anyone else do before such as the grassy bracks on the waters edge, however there have been cards done with mountains in the background and a deer in the foreground. So now I suppose you would like to know just how to create this card??
Firstly you need to use white glossy paper for your card front. I find that the inks blend much nicer on this card. Next you take a scrap piece of computer paper and you just want to tear it to create mountain shapes. There is no right or wrong to this, creative licence all the way!
 Once you are happy with the shape you then want to take the negative of this shape (so lets say the sky section above the mountain) and place it where you would like you first (green) mountain to go. Then load up your dauber with ink ( I used Old Olive) and starting at the torn paper edge start blending the area  making sure to soften the colour as you go down the mountain. Once happy, you then need to use the positive of your mountain to mask it off, and we are going to repeat the process for the mountain behind ( I used Soft Suede Ink). I actually made a different shape for this mountain because as we know, no two mountains are the same!!
Next, take your Old Olive dauber and along the bottom edge and up the left hand side softly blend some colour, again, darker on the edge and softening as you move into the card. Remember, we are adding a lake so don't get to excited with the colour just yet. Take your Marina Mist Ink and with your dauber nicely loaded start filling in your lake area, now you don't want straight edges on this so be a bit random especially on the far side of the lake. Use your dauber without adding anymore ink to lightly add colour to the sky. OK, so now we want to add some depth to or lake, take your dauber and lightly load with night of navy ink. You want to add this slowly towards the back of the water near the mountains, you can always add more if it isn't dark enough but is hard to remove if you go too dark!! Once you are happy it is time to stamp.
I have used the lovely images from the Pocket Silhouette Set, if you don't have this any leafy stamp will do, or you can order it by contacting me at daniellefrendo@yahoo.com.au . Take your leafy image and stamp in Old Olive ink around the bottom and left hand edge of the card, next take the fairy flower image and ink up in Soft Suede but try not to ink the stems to much, you don't want all the lines at the bottom of you card. Stamp this amongst the leaves and also just above so it adds another layer. Next again with Old Olive just inking the tops of  bracks stamp in the grassy areas and don't be scared to double stamp without re inking in between!
Beautiful, now you have a great setting to add your deer!
Take your Early Espresso ink and Dasher stamp. I didn't want all the antler so I have Masked them off to shorten. Again artistic licence here, you do what you like. Stamp Dasher standing on the bank, next again with the Early Espresso ink stamp a few leafy images in the left corner of your card to give your foliage some depth.
You can add any sentiment you like, I have used the happiness sentiment from the Heard from the Heart set. I have mounted it onto Early Espresso card stock.
I hope you have fun making this card, as I said there is no wrong or right to this method, artistic license all the way!!!!

No comments: