Friday, October 15, 2010

Masking


Good Morning

Today I am going to share with you a card or rather a technique I am going to demo on the weekend. As I am just a new Stampin' Up! demonstrator, signed up under my sister, she has asked if I would like to Demo at a workshop with her to get a feel for it so this is what I am going to do. There will be quite a few beginner card makers at the workshop that haven't been stamping for long, so I am going to show how you can get the most out of your stamps by masking. Two ways of masking that I will be teaching is the layering technique where you stamp your image to be used onto scrap paper, in this case the large flower out of the Scribble This set, cut it out and then use it to mask the flowers you have already stamped so you can layer them up over each other. The second is masking of part of the stamp so you can add more than one colour. I have used the sentiment stamp from For Everything set and masked the small writing with a sticky note while I inked up the stamp in Pear Pizzazz ink and then removed the mask and coloured the small writing with  Peach Parfait Marker. Basic technique, I know, but with great results!

Supplies List

Stamp sets: Scribble This, For Everything

Cardstock: Peach Parfait, Very Vanilla, In Colour DPS- Pear Pizzazz stripes, Peach Parfait dots

Inks: Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz
Markers: Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz

Accessories: Snail, glue, sponges

No comments: