Monday, August 02, 2010

Baby Card for Harry

Here it is....... do you like it?? I decided to try out one of these side step cards. I have seen them used especially on Magnolia blogs and thought I would give it a go. I think I still need to work on the folds for the steps because it doesn't quite sit right but all in all I like the result. The card stock I have used is from the Peek-a-Boo range by Kaiser. I really love the soft mint colours in this so used that as my highlight colour. I coloured the very cute digi image using Stampin Up markers and a blending pen. The Bundle of Joy is from a foam stamp set that I picked up off a throw out table for about $2. I can't even remember what shop!! Anyway again I used the Stampin Up marker to ink it so everything coordinated nicely. I simply stitched around all the peices on my sewing machine before I mounted them just to add that little extra something.
Inside Card
I really like the idea of this kind of card so will have to investigate some more and maybe find a template so I can get my folds to sit a little better.
Now I just have to get over this cold so I can go and visit our new little bundle of joy.

Keep on crafting........Dani xoxox

No comments: