Saturday, June 26, 2010

It's the weekend....yahoo!!!

Happy Saturday, I hope all is well in your part of the planet. What a week it has been....... a new Prime minister and a female at that!!!  Great mail from my lovely group friends and work was actually pretty good as well!!!

I want to share with you some cards that I am quite proud of the way they turned out. And yes I know, another easel card....... I told you I like this style!

I had a baby shower to go to and I didn't want to do the same old Baby card because that's what you give once the baby is actually born so I found this image and decided to do a maternity theme instead. Firstly I printed the digi image on the computer in grayscale. I then took my medium pen and trace over the image. To this i add pearl embossing powder and embossed. I then decided with this colour I need to keep the rest of the image soft and subtle so I chose Pro Marker colours Satin for the skin tone, Dusty pink and Pastel Pink for the clothing and a touch of Cinnamon for the hair and flower highlights. The saying on the base came from Kaiser Peek-a-Boo paper range and was also part of the inspiration for soft colours. The background paper is just natural cardstock ran through a dots cuttlebug folder. The ribbon is from Basic grey and of course the prima flower with pearl centre just finish it of nicely. I really like the subtle tones of this card and hope you do too. The mum to be loved it! xoxox Dani

No comments: